For this project the volunteers will work in the District of Pachacamac, in the public school "Santa María Reyna", of the Populated Center of Quebrada Verde - Pachacamac, with students from 09 to 15 years of the Primary and secundary level. The public school is located in the Lima South Zone, it is considered as multicultural district, having a population of poverty and extreme poverty, children and young people can be identified in a condition of social risk. This situation threatens the development of their social and personal skills, diminishing the development and change of themselves and their community and family.
Volunteers will contribute to the integral development of their personal and social capacities of the boys, girls, adolescents and young people of the school "Santa Maria Reyna" developing the following activities: English classes, School reinforcement, Sport activities, Cultural Identity Activities.
- To prepare with the coordinator the educational material for develop of the program, as English classes,
- Organizar y realizar diferentes actividades sociales y culturales (deportes, talleres con niños y jóvenes).
- Empathy with the environment where you are.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Easy to interact with children.
- Conditions to work with children.
- Experiences in artistic and cultural activities (dances, music, theatre, etc.).
- Spanish in basic Level - not necessary.
The Volunteer will live with a family from the community, and will have three meals a day.
When entering Peru you will have a visa for 90 days, with an extension to 90 more days (not extended), upon request at the Peruvian Immigration office.
The volunteers must contract a travel insurance that covers accidents, loss by theft and health problems during the volunteering period.
390 Euros per month.
Which will be used for food expenses, airport pick-up, training in Lima before going to the project, transportation from Lima to the project, transportation from home to the project, materials for the project, administrative expenses.
The application may be accepted at any time of the year and the start of the project between the months of March and December, at any time.